Day 1: Superior Livestock Auction
Written by: Olivia
While touring the Superior Livestock Auction, we started by watching a video on the history of their organization. In 1986, they paired with a company to sign and sell 300 plus head of cattle. They have goals to sell to the highest buyers and ensure they fit their criteria. In 1989, they started an online auction to sell across the world. They were also one of the first to start an online auction. The online auction allows the cattle to stay farm fresh and safe from disease until they are transported to the buyer. They are delivered between 1 week to 2 months after the sale.
I learned that some cattle are sold using a weight slide which allows multiple cattle to be sold between a certain weight. This gives both the buyer and the seller a safeguard. I also learned that there was a bull that sold for 1 million dollars! Touring the superior livestock auction allowed me to get insight in their organization and how they run there operation.  |
| Where Reps and Buyers can view the auction. |
 |
| The sound room. |
 |
| The studio where American Rancher and Superior Sunrise are recorded. |
I also loved that they have a video studio with the information people would like to hear on their business and news they want to inform their buyers about. They film 2 different shows there. American Rancher which is on RFD TV and Superior Sunrise which airs 30 minutes prior to every auction. I found it very interesting on how they are able to run the organization across the world with multiple buyers and give them beneficial cows through an online auction. I really loved touring the Superior Livestock Auction because it allowed me to understand new things. I really loved how they showed me an educational video on how they started up their organization and run it as a team.
No comments:
Post a Comment